We are accepting submissions. Please read the guidelines carefully. We shall do our best to get back to all submissions in a timely fashion, but please be patient.
Please send the following:
- A quick description of what you do (pencils, inks, colors, etc.).
- Your rates. Please let us know if you are willing to collaborate on a project for a percentage.
- Five sample pages. We may request more if we like what we see.
- A list of any published work you have done but it’s okay if you don’t have any credits yet.
Cover artists, we are interested in seeking your work as well, so please send sample covers or artwork. Four images is enough, jpeg files please.
Creator Owned Projects
As a publisher, we are interested in seeing projects by creator teams. The current focus is on limited-series and one-shots. Our compensation model is a percentage off the top with the creator/creator team dividing the rest among themselves (Image model). The work shall remain your property. We require the right to recoup any fees to revise, and or attach artists to bring the work up to a level we deem acceptable. Feel free to send us samples of works-in-progress and projects with completed issues:
- A 2-3 page full synopsis of the entire work. If this is a series, we want to know how many books it will take to complete and how it ends.
- Five completed sample pages (penciled, inked, colored and lettered).
- A little bit about yourself and/or your team. We want to like not just the books we put out, but the people we work with too. Any previous credits should also be noted.
- Be aware that you must be open to revisions, even with completed issues. We must have the opportunity to edit the work so it adheres to our standards. If you are not willing to revise, then please look elsewhere.
We know you folks have it rough. You’ve got a great idea and a script ready. Now all you need is someone to bring it to life. Unfortunately, it is expensive and most artists want to be paid upfront, unless you already have a partnership, and if that’s the case then follow the guidelines above. But we might be able to help connect you to some folks, if we like your pitch, but there will be costs associated with their services. If you are willing to pay the artists a reasonable page rate to complete your work then please read on.
- A 2-3 page full synopsis of the entire work. If this is a series, we want to know how many issues and how it ends.
- A little bit about you (CV, publishing credits, why you care about this project, who your favorite Catwoman is, etc…).
- A range of what you are willing to pay per page to have your work completed. We are not going to take a cut, but we do need to know that if we contact artists on your behalf, we aren’t wasting everyone’s time.
We are currently accept query letters by email for short story collections in the horror and fantasy genre as well as novellas that would be considered speculative fiction, fantasy, slipstream or comic book related. We will consider novels but please provide the first five pages embedded in the email query.
Please send the above to info at waywardraven dot com. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing your work!
-The Wayward Raven Crew